Friday, April 9, 2010

Green Machine Smoothie Dream


This is the invention of my sisters Andi and Tal.  I know what you're thinking, green smoothie?  Sick and wrong.  Give it a try, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.   Side note: a good blender is essential for this bevvy.

Ingredients:

2-3 handfuls of baby spinach
3-4 strawberries
handful of blueberries, or raspberries, whatever you like.  Oh, and I like mine frozen.
1 frozen banana, gives it that creamy smoothie texture, like it's a banana shake in disguise.
1/2 orange
4 ice cubes
5-6 baby carrots
1 spoonful plain or vanilla yogurt
a splash of fatfree milk.

and I've also added a kiwi, skins still on.

Throw it in your blender and mix it up!  It makes about 2 large cups of delicious nutrition.

*There are many variations, I've heard of avocado and mangoes blended in.  Or if you want to go to the extreme of healthiness, throw in some broccoli (not so good in my opinion, but some of you might like it).

2 comments:

Lindsay Conover said...

Is this going to make me skinny... I am only trying it if it does! Thanks for the post, and I loved the new pictures on your blog... the girls are getting so big, and darling!

4lakedames said...

can't say that I have tried it, but I loved the one you made for me Shelli! I might do it, but I am worried about my wimpy blender. I like to steam spiniach and have it with spray butter and red wine vinegar. thats about it for me!